Upper Baggot Street Dublin
Original impressionistic ink drawing on acid free paper.
Overall Paper Size: 29.5 cm × 21 cm
Drawing Size: 26 cm × 16 cm
Baggot Street is a street in Dublin, Ireland. It is named after Baggotrath, the manor granted to Robert Bagod in the 13th century. He built Baggotrath Castle, which was partly destroyed during the Battle of Rathmines and demolished in the early nineteenth century.The street was called Baggot Street in 1773.
The street runs from Merrion Row (near St. Stephen’s Green) to the northwestern end of Pembroke Road. It crosses the Grand Canal near Haddington Road. It is divided into two sections:
Lower Baggot Street – between Merrion Row and the Grand Canal. It was called Gallows Road in the 18th century.
Upper Baggot Street – south of the Grand Canal until the junction with Eastmoreland Place, where it continues as Pembroke Road.
Lower Baggot Street is distinguished by Georgian architecture, while Upper Baggot Street has mainly Victorian architecture.
The drawing will be posted in a reinforced envelope.
A postal tracking code will be sent to you.